Group Leader Biophysics Group
>> Research: Mario´s paper "Influence of neighboring adherent cells on laminar flow induced shear stress in vitro - a systematic study" has just been accepted published by Biomicrofluidics and will appeared in the March April issue!
>> Melanie Stamp graduated on March 28th - Congratulations!
>> Research: Melanie´s paper "Exploring the limits of cell adhesion under shear stress within physiological conditions and beyond on a chip" studying the role of pH, temperature and substrate roughness under flow, appeared today in Diagnostics 2016, 6(4),38; http://www.mdpi.com/2075-4418/6/4/38/html
> Teaching: New lecture “Physics of cells” (Physics, Masters level) started October 2016
>> Research: Find our latest article on “Controllable Acoustic Mixing of Fluids in Microchannels for the Fabrication of Therapeutic Nanoparticles” based on Lukas work that appeared in Micromachines 2016, 7(9), 150; http://www.mdpi.com/2072-666X/7/9/150/html
>> Research: Sascha´s paper “Antibacterial metal ion release from diamond-like carbon modified surfaces for novel multifunctional implant materials” is the cover and appears in JMR 31(17), September 14, 2016.
>> Research: Out now: “Acoustotaxis - In vitro stimulation in a wound healing assay employing surface acoustic waves” Biomaterials Science, DOI: 10.1039/C6BM00125D
Get article here!
>> Research: We proudly present... ARAM - an awesome tool for Malaria Research and Microscopy!
- Download publication here!
- Download ARAM here!
|Cell manipulation and stimulation
- Acoustical stimulation of cell proliferation and migration
- Cell adhesion under flow
- Neural networks
|Thermodynamics of membranes
- Correlation of membrane state and enzyme activity
- Nanoparticle uptake in cells and lipid vesicles
Cell-Cell interaction in Malaria
- Dynamics of red blood cell aggregates (rosettes)
- Wear resist and antibacterial diamond-like carbon surface modifications for implants
Acoustic Waves in fluidics
- Fast mixing at low Reynolds numbers for creation of therapeutic nanoparticles
- Employing SAW in heterogeneous catalysis
- M. Djukelic, A. Wixforth, and C. Westerhausen, “Influence of neighboring adherent cells on laminar flow induced shear stress in vitro - a systematic study,” Biomicrofluidics, accepted => Mar. 2017.
- M. E. M. Stamp, A. M. Jötten, P. W. Kudella, D. Breyer, F. G. Strobl, T. M. Geislinger, A. Wixforth, and C. Westerhausen, “Exploring the limits of cell adhesion under shear stress within physiological conditions and beyond on a chip,” Diagnostics, 6(4), 38; Oct. 2016.
C. Westerhausen, L. Schnitzler, D. Wendel, R. Krzysztoń, U. Lächelt, E. Wagner, J. Rädler, and A. Wixforth, “Controllable Acoustic Mixing of Fluids in Microchannels for the Fabrication of Therapeutic Nanoparticles,” Micromachines, vol. 7, no. 9, p. 150, Sep. 2016.
S. Buchegger, C. Vogel, R. Herrmann, B. Stritzker, A. Wixforth, and C. Westerhausen, “Antibacterial metal ion release from diamond-like carbon modified surfaces for novel multifunctional implant materials,” J. Mater. Res., vol. 31, no. 17, Sep. 2016.
M. E. M. Stamp*, M. S. Brugger*, A. Wixforth, and C. Westerhausen, “Acoustotaxis – in vitro stimulation in a wound healing assay employing surface acoustic waves,” Biomater. Sci., vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1092–1099, May 2016 (* equally contributing).
- P. W. Kudella, K. Moll, M. Wahlgren, A. Wixforth, and C. Westerhausen, “ARAM: an automated image analysis software to determine rosetting parameters and parasitaemia in Plasmodium samples,” Malar. J., vol. 15, no. 1, p. 223, Apr. 2016.
- U. Ratzel, L. Herrmann, C. Westerhausen, O. Bayer, K.-G. Krapf, M. Hoffmann, J. Blaul, and C. Mehnert, “Tieffrequente Geräusche (inkl. Infraschall) von Windkraftanlagen und anderen Quellen,” in DAGA 2016, 2016.
- F. G. Strobl, F. Seitz, C. Westerhausen, A. Reller, A. a Torrano, C. Bräuchle, A. Wixforth, and M. F. Schneider, “Intake of silica nanoparticles by giant lipid vesicles: influence of particle size and thermodynamic membrane state,” Beilstein J. Nanotechnol., vol. 5, pp. 2468–2478, Dec. 2014.
- U. Ratzel, O. Bayer, P. Brachat, L. Herrmann, K.-G. Krapf, and C. Westerhausen, “Tieffrequente Geräusche und Infraschall von Windkraftanlagen und anderen Quellen,” 2014. [Online]. Available: http://www.lubw.baden-wuerttemberg.de/servlet/is/223895/.
- C. Westerhausen, F. G. Strobl, R. Herrmann, A. T. Bauer, S. W. Schneider, A. Reller, A. Wixforth, and M. F. Schneider, “Chemical and Mechanical Impact of Silica Nanoparticles on the Phase Transition Behavior of Phospholipid Membranes in Theory and Experiment,” Biophys. J., vol. 102, no. 5, pp. 1032–1038, Mar. 2012.
- A. T. Bauer, E. A. Strozyk, C. Gorzelanny, C. Westerhausen, A. Desch, M. F. Schneider, and S. W. Schneider, “Cytotoxicity of silica nanoparticles through exocytosis of von Willebrand factor and necrotic cell death in primary human endothelial cells,” Biomaterials, vol. 32, no. 33, pp. 8385–8393, Nov. 2011.
- S. Niland, C. Westerhausen, S. W. Schneider, B. Eckes, M. F. Schneider, and J. a. Eble, “Biofunctionalization of a generic collagenous triple helix with the α2β1 integrin binding site allows molecular force measurements,” Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol., vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 721–731, May 2011.
- C. Westerhausen, “On the role of soft interfaces for the understanding of blood clotting,” Dissertation, University of Augsburg, 2012. Available: http://opus.bibliothek.uni-augsburg.de/opus4/files/1931/Dissertation_Westerhausen_Christoph.pdf
Research assistant, Experimentalphysik 1, University of Augsburg
2012 – 2015:
Project manager at Wölfel Beratende Ingenieure, Würzburg
Dissertation „On the role of soft interfaces for the understanding of blood clotting”
6-month research period at Boston University
2009 – 2012:
University of Augsburg & University Hospital Mannheim